Work for Us
Is Your Dream to Be a Cat Sitter?
Are You Our Next SUPER-STAR Cat-Loving Pet Sitter?
You May Very Well Be “THE ONE”!
We especially need help in: Santa Monica, Brentwood, Miracle Mile, Park LaBrea, Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, West LA, Culver City, and more!
We assign each of our clients a PRIMARY kitty sitter, so we can offer them continuity of care. (That continuity is important to our clients and for the comfort and safety of their cats.) Because of that requirement we’ve set for ourselves and our sitters, this job isn’t a good fit for those people who already have full-time jobs, due to the times of day often required for our kitty visits. In Los Angeles, where we also provide our services, we’ve discovered the job doesn’t work well for actors, because we need people who can commit to a schedule and not have to drop-out of a scheduled kitty-visit when an audition or acting gig comes up. There may not be as many actors here in Charlotte, but we still need sitters we can count on TO BE THERE when our clients and their kitties need them. Here’s why.
Our clients rely on having the same sitter for their cats as often as possible. That’s where the continuity comes in. We assign only ONE PRIMARY SITTER for each of our clients. Of course, in the real world, we realize other things may come up, emergencies that prevent a sitter from making their assigned kitty-visits. When those situations occur, we only need lead-time so that one of our other sitters can back you up in those unexpected situations. Yes, you will be able to plan for time off. But if for instance, you can never work on a Monday (or some other specific day of the week), this won’t work for our needs because we cannot tell your clients they can’t travel on a particular day of the week because of your schedule.
Our cat-sitting sessions are usually 30 minutes in duration per visit, although we also offer 1-hour visits for those clients who request them. Visits are scheduled 1-to-2 times per day and will last as long as our clients are away from home. (Typically for 1-to-2 weeks.) Clients requiring TWICE-DAILY visits usually require them to occur between the hours of 7-9AM and 6-8PM. For Once-A-Day visits, the schedules are usually more flexible.
- First, and most important. Please understand we are caring for living beings.
- Not all clients will always book with notice. For that reason, we need to be able to reach you in a timely manner, especially since, as a primary sitter, you will have possession of the keys to your assigned client’s home.
- Please have your own insured and reliable automobile that you DO NOT SHARE with someone else. (This can cause problems making your scheduled visits.) Public transportation, walking, or biking is not acceptable.
- You will need a clean driving record with no DUI’s, speed-racing violations or other safety-related violations.
- You will need a SmartPhone (with E-MAIL, INTERNET, TEXT, and CAMERA capability on your phone) and you must be able to add a Just For Cats Pet Sitting E-mail account. Our sitters should already be in the habit of checking and returning their E-mails throughout the day. (This is very important for our sitters, so that you can be reached when needed.)
- You should have a computer at home for accessing your schedule and marking your sits COMPLETE, once you are done for the day.
- We require that you’re able to commit to working with us for at least the next 12 months.
- Understand that working evenings, weekends, and holidays (including Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day and the days before and after) come with the job.
- For obvious reasons, a true LOVE for cats is this job’s greatest asset. That means loving and understanding cats, and knowing how to approach them.
- You must be able to pass a background/criminal check. Our clients will be trusting you with their cats as well as their homes. (We do not check our sitter’s credit history.)
- You should be able to handle 2-visit-per-day clients, meaning you are available for both morning & evening visits, typically 9-12 hours apart. (As pointed out above, those visits usually occur 7-9AM and 6-8PM each day.)
- You should be a responsible individual, have common sense, and can work largely unsupervised.
**IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH INSULIN INJECTIONS AND SUBQ FLUIDS OR ARE WILLING TO LEARN, THIS IS A PLUS!!**
|PLEASE NOTE: Working at Just For Cats Pet Sitting is a great way for you to earn additional income. However, ideally, it should not be your sole source of support. Cat sitting is a cyclical enterprise That means some periods are very busy, while at other times, things may be very slow. If you are retired, working part time, or simply looking for an occasional and rewarding way to make extra money, becoming a Just For Cats Pet Sitting SITTER could become, well…the PURR-FECT job for you!
Think you may be the purr-fect fit for us? You may very well be, IF:
- YOU HAVE A FRIENDLY PERSONALITY AND PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE
- Love Cats and Understand Their Nature
- Recognize the Signs of Medical Problems or Illnesses Common to Cats
- You are over 25 years of Age (required for bonding and insurance)
- Are available for work 7-days-a-week (this does not mean you work every single day)
- Willing to drive in a roughly 6 to 8 mile radius
- You have a flexible schedule that allows you to work morning, midday and evenings for our cat visits
- Enjoy Working Unsupervised
- You are able to remain calm & flexible
- You are a well-organized individual
- You are able to follow detailed instruction
- You have an insured and reliable automobile
- You don’t mind driving in traffic, when necessary
- You are mature & level-headed
- You have plenty of commons sense
- You own a SmartPhone (Blackberry, Droid, or iPhone) and check your E-mail frequently
- You have a computer at home, crucial for accessing our scheduling system
- You are able to work ALL major holidays (Holiday pay and bonuses are given for working those special days.)