Work for Us
Is Your Dream to Be a Cat Sitter?
Are You Our Next SUPER-STAR Cat-Loving Pet Sitter?
Cat Sitting is the hardest job you will ever love. It’s about so much more than loving animals. We are an Elite Pet Sitting Service catering ONLY to CATS and owners who are willing to pay a premium for our World-Class Service. Our sitters enjoy a flexible schedule, competitive pay, and freedom from the confines of a desk.
We assign each client a PRIMARY Cat Care Specialist, so we can offer them continuity of care. Because of this, this job isn’t a fit for people who already work full time due to the times of day required for kitty visits.
Our clients rely on having the same sitter as much as possible, and we assign only 1 primary sitter to each of our clients. Of course the other sitters back you up when you take time off. Yes you can plan time off, but if you can never work a Monday (or whatever day of the week it is) then this won’t work because we cannot tell your clients not to travel on a particular day of the week.
Visits are usually 30 minutes in duration, although we also offer 45-minute, 60-minute, and 90-minute visit, and some clients do request those. Visits occur 1-2 times a day, sometimes lasting for 1-2 weeks at a time while a client travels. Clients needing 2x a day visits usually require them to occur between the hours of 7-9 a.m. and 6-8 p.m. One a day visits are usually more flexible.
Cat Care Specialist – Requirements to Be a Cat Sitter
- Understand we are caring for living beings. Not all clients book with notice. We need to be able to reach you timely, especially since you will have possession of client keys!
- Have your own insured and reliable car that you DO NOT SHARE with someone else. Using public transportation is not practical for the needs of this position.
- You need a clean driving record with no DUI’s, no Speed Racing violations or the like.
- You have a smart phone (this means have EMAIL, INTERNET, TEXT, CAMERA on your phone) and be able to add a “Just For Cats Pet Sitting” email account to it and you are already in the habit of checking AND returning email throughout the day
- You can commit to working with us for at least the next 12 months
- Understand that working evenings, weekends, and holidays (including Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day and the days before and after) comes with the job
- You love and understand cats and how to approach them.
- You are able to pass a background / criminal check. (we do not check credit history)
- You can handle 2-visit-per day clients, meaning you are available for both morning and evening visits that must be done 9 to 12 hours apart (typically 7 to 9am and 6 to 8pm for twice a day clients).
- You have common sense and can work largely unsupervised.
**IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH INSULIN INJECTIONS AND SUBQ FLUIDS OR ARE WILLING TO LEARN, THIS IS A PLUS!!**
|PLEASE NOTE: working with Just For Cats Pet Sitting Los Angeles is a good way to make additional income, but it should not be your sole source of support. Cat Sitting is cyclical and has periods that are very busy, as well as periods that are slow. If you are retired, working part time, or just looking for occasional work, this could be the PURRfect job for you.
Do you have what it takes to be a cat sitter?
You Are a Good Fit for Us if You:
- HAVE A PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE
- Love Cats and Understand their Nature
- Recognize the Signs of Illness in Cats
- Are over 25 (due to bonding and insurance)
- Are available for 7-day-a-week work
- Have a flexible schedule that allows for morning, mid day, and evening cat visits
- Enjoy Working Unsupervised
- Remain Calm and Flexible
- Are Well Organized
- Follow Detailed Instruction
- Have a Reliable Car
- Enjoy Driving in Traffic
- Are Level Headed
- Use Common Sense
- Have a Smartphone (Blackberry, Droid, iPhone) and check your email frequently
- Are willing and able to Work the Major Holidays ESPECIALLY THANKSGIVING WEEK AND THE WINTER HOLIDAY PERIOD OF DECEMBER 15 – JANUARY 4. (please note that holiday pay and bonuses are given)